Saturday, October 4, 2008

October is Here

Well, October is here and as the I rise in the morning to go to work the sky is still dark and I am not happy about getting out of bed. It's cold outside the covers and the cat is curled up next to me like a little furry icon of comfort.
Though there is something in October I always look forward to... our (my husband and I)vacation at All American Quarter Horse Congress. The show is held in Columbus, Ohio and is the world's largest breed show. This year the Mural Mosaic mural, Le Cadeau Du Cheval will be presented at Congress so I am quite looking forward to seeing it in person.

Eventhough the sun is setting earlier and it is darker longer and colder in the mornings Fall is my favorite season. I love the smell of dry leaves and bonfires. The crisp sound of leaves and dry twigs under foot. The air of mystery of Holloween night. There are so many things to love about this season. The trees are dressed up, showing their brilliant leaves in shades of red, orange and yellow.



Being from New England I can really appreciate the fall foliage and why my current client would want a fall landscape captured to view all year round in a piece of art. This is a photo of the painting as it looks now. There are more layers I have to add until I call it finished but you can see there is a solid structure and color scheme already laid out.

No comments: